Rainbow Lentil Medley
- Recipe Type: Entree
- Serves 4
- 1 cup Daily Pantry Medley of Lentils
- 2 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon each black pepper and oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 6 cups mixed vegetables, thinly sliced or diced, such as broccoli, squash, onion, red bell pepper, carrots
- 2 ounces crumbled goat or blue cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In a medium pot, bring broth and water to boil. Add lentils, garlic, black pepper and oregano. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid.
Meanwhile, in a steamer, cook vegetables until just tender.
Put lemon juice, oil and mustard in a small jar and shake until blended.
Put all ingredients, except cheese, in a large bowl and toss.
Sprinkle cheese on top.